Michael's Craft Stores sent me some foam pumpkins to create some fun pumpkin crafts. Right when I opened the box my son and daughter each claimed a pumpkin as their own. So I sat down with each of them to create a personalized pumpkin for them. They LOVED it!
Here is my son's pumpkin:
Notice that he wanted his monogrammed. He has been obsessed with writing his name or marking his things with the first letter of his name so we had to add the "K" to his design.
Here is an easy way to carve a pumpkin:
1. Have your child draw a design on a piece of paper.
2. Tape your paper to the pumpkin.
3. Use a pin and poke holes all the way around the design where you want to cut.
4. Trace around your pin holes on the pumpkin to make it easy to see where you are cutting.
5. Use a Hot Foam Cutting tool. This tool is so great. Let it heat up for a couple of minutes, and then let the heat do the cutting. Just go slow and it will cut the foam pumpkin like butter!
6. You can also clean up the edges after you cut out the shape.
He is so happy with it!
My Daughter wanted a Butterfly Pumpkin:
I used the New Martha Stewart Decoupage butterfly papers with the Martha Stewart Mat Decoupage.
Here is how you can great this butterfly pumpkin:
1. You will need a foam pumpkin, Martha Stewart Decoupage and Butterfly papers, and a drill with a small bit (I think mine was 3/32)
2. Brush the decoupage onto the pumpkin first, then add your butterfly paper, then brush on more decoupage on the top of the butterfly.
3. Add more butterflies and let dry completely.
4. Use your drill to make little holes all around the butterflies and you can also add the flying path too.
I think she likes it!
Here are some other fun Pumpkin crafts you can make:
- All Michaels locations are hosting a Great Pumpkin Event on Saturday, October 5 from 1 p.m.-3 p.m. For only $6 (which covers the cost of a 9” carveable pumpkin) kids can create their own pumpkin design and a free face painter will also be on hand. A great weekend event for the whole family!
- Did you know that Michaels offers custom carved pumpkins that can be personalized with a variety of designs and names? Prices start at $19.99 and you can them order at all Michaels locations, just make sure to place your order by Oct. 13 so that it will be completed by Halloween. Visit www.michaels.com/custom-carved-pumpkins for more information.
Thank you to Michael's Craft Stores for supplying me with these awesome foam pumpkins! As always my crafts and opinions are 100% mine.