Thank you to Netflix for sponsoring this post!
My kids are dog lovers. They love it when we see a dog when we are out and about. My 1.5 year old L-O-V-E-S puppies. When we went trick-or-treating for Halloween, he did not even care about the candy, he was looking for a puppy at the door. But with three young kids, I don't have time for a real dog, so stuffed puppies is what we get at our house.
My kids love to play with their stuffed puppies, they take them on walks, carry them around, feed them. So, it was time for them to have their own home.
This so simple, anyone can do it!
1. Gather supplies: Gift bag, scrape cardboard, markers, tape (Washi and clear) and scissors.
2. Cut out a dog house door shape out of the side of the bag.
3. To give the bag structure, cut out 3 rectangles the size of the bottom of the bag. One is for the bottom of the bag and 2 are for the sides.
4. Use your door shape you cut out from the bag as a template on one of the cardboard pieces (this will go on the door side)
5. Tape the cardboard pieces to the bag, one on the bottom and on on each side. If needed you can trim the side pieces shorter to fit your bag. You want to be able to still close the bag with the cardboard sides in it.
6. Use tape to secure the cardboard door. I used my clear tape first and then covered with the washi tape for a more decorative look.
7. Using your tape and markers decorate the sides of the house.
8. Add a name plate at the door.
9. Tape the top closed.
Add your puppy and you are set!
My kids also love to watch shows about dogs and animals! We love having Netflix since their are no commercials and it is easy to stream on any device!
Here are some of our favorites this month:
*This was one of my favorite movies growing up and it was SO FUN to watch it again with my kids!