Here is another super easy, super cute DIY ornament!
And kids can do it too! It is a great way to keep hands busy!
I would say this craft would work best for ages 8+ (My 6 year old had a hard time doing it)
Here is what you will need to do:
1. Gather Supplies: TP roll, Yarn or Tulle, Scissors
2. Cut your TP roll to about 1.5 inch thick
3. Cut about 80-100 strands or yarn about 10-12 inches long. To make it go faster i wrapped my yarn around a small book and then made one cut to get a bunch of strands at the same time.
4. fold your yarn stand in half.
5. put your yarn through the TP tube
6. pull up both ends through the loop.
7. Continue looping your yarn around the tube. To make it go faster you can combine 3 or 4 stands at time. But if you want your kids to be occupied longer - make them do it one at a time! ;)
8. Continue all around the tube.
9. Gather all the long stands to the top and tie a string around the outside to form the hat shape.
10. Trim off the long stands to get a nice even "ball" on toop
Tie a string around to hang it up and you are done!
You can also use tulle using the same steps as above. You don't need as many strands since the tulle is thicker (I used 17 stands for this one). You can also make different stripe patterns too!
Make a bunch:
They would make a great add-on to a teacher gift and the kids can say they made them too!