Here is one of the projects that I made for the DIY Club! I am posting the full tutorial here in case you missed it!
I love that it looks like part of a gate you might see at a beach.
Here what you will need to make one for yourself:
Scrap wood (I had on hand)
Wood Garden stakes (I had on hand)
1. Wash your stakes... my hubby made these for me a few years ago when I thought I could grow tomatoes... I can't... I kill almost every plant I own... so, now I am giving them a new life!!
2. Squirt your Wood Gorilla glue over your piece of scrap wood.
3. Arrange your stakes on the scrape wood varying the heights of the stakes.
4. Use another piece of scrap wood to clamp you pieces in place. Let the glue dry... I waited over night.
5. Prime your sign.
6. Spray with Krylon indoor/outdoor white spray paint. I did 3 light coats.
7. Squirt some of your DecoArt Patio paints onto a paper plate and use a medium paint brush to brush it on the bottom half of your sign. Once you reach the midpoint of your sign... brush the paint off your brush on your paper plate so that you can dry brush into the white. You want VERY little paint on your brush to help make the transition from blue to white.
8. Use stencils (or you can free hand it too!) to mark your letters. I also drew a line across the sign to help keep the letters straight.
9. Use your DecoArt Patio paints to fill in your letters. I used the end of my craft paint brush to make the dots on the side of the letters.
We used long screws to attach it to our deck around our pool
Who's ready for some floating in the pool?!
I would love to see your projects inspired from F&J... post your pictures on our flickr group!
Wanna make some money blogging?
One site that I have found helpful in finding sponsors is Social Spark
They match bloggers with advertisers. You get to choose who you promote and how you promote it! It really is a win-win!