I got this idea from these headbands I saw on Homemade by Jill.
Here is what you need:
Sheet or scrap fabric
elastic (I used and old elastic headband)
1. cut or rip your sheet into strips and cut 3 strips of your ribbon.
(I cut mine to be about 32 inches long)
3. Pin 3 strand together and pin to your pant leg. (Remember when you made friendship bracelets! or am I the only one who did that?) I pined two pieces of fabric with one piece of ribbon.
4. Start braiding
Continue braiding until it is long enough to fit about 3/4th of the way around your head. From just below the ear to just below the ear of the other side. My finished braid was about 13.5 inches.
5. Repeat with other fabric strip and ribbon. On this one I used 2 ribbons and one fabric strip.
6. Sew both your braids together at each end. Go back and forth a bunch of times!
7. Cut off the excess fabric and ribbon at the end
8. Cut a piece of elastic to finish the headband. I measured around the back of my head. I cut mine to be about 4 inches.
9. Sew the elastic to each side of the head band.
10. Grab some cute buttons
11. Hand sew them to your head band
Cute cute cute cute!
I love that I now have a way to make my mommy pony tail look much cuter!
This post Sponsored by:
A great place for shopping finds, reading/movie lists, crafts, recipes, giveaways, daily life and much much more.
I am linking to these parties!