I had these two old t-shirts. They were too short and too stretched out. Time to make them into something else! T-shirt Bracelets! I have three different bracelets to show you!
For each bracelet, I started with cutting strips off of the bottom of the t-shirts using my rotary cutter.
Bracelet #1 Braided
1. Cut 3 strips from your t-shirt. Mine are 2 inches wide.
2. Tie a knot at the top of your 3 strips
3. Braid your three strips together
4. When it gets to be the length you desire tie a knot at the bottom
5. Cut off the extra material by the knots
6. Stretch a whole on one end of your braid big enough to fit your other knot.
I was going to leave it like that (Above) but the knots were a bit big so I decided to sew the ends together and cut off the knots.
Bracelet #2 Knots
For this bracelet I use a ring that I got with a scarf... but you can find a skinny bangle from the dollar store too!
1. Cut your strips in to 4 X 1.5 inch pieces
2. Start tying your strips onto the ring. I used double knots.
3. Keep going until it is all covered.
All done! SO easy!!
Bracelet #3 Edgy-wrap
1. Cut your strips to be half an inch wide.
2. Stretch them out as much as you can.
3. Wrap them around your wrist several times.
4. Take off the wrap.
5. Use Safty pins on each side to help keep the shape.
(I put arrows to help you see the safty pins)
6. Move you safty pins closer together to help keep the shape while you sew across all the different layers of the wrap. Do this on 2 sides.
Easy and fun!
There you have it! TWO T-shirts = THREE bracelets!