A few weekends ago I chaperoned a Youth Retreat with my church. I have been a Jr. High Youth Group leader for the past school year and I love it! Our retreat was about TIME and how we spend it. I wanted to make some cool t-shirts for the kids so that they could have something to remind them of the weekend. So I made some Bleach T-shirts!
Here is what I used:
Dark colored T-shirt
70 % bleach 30% water solution in a spray bottle
Here is what I did:
1. Cut out your word or shape that you want to use. I used BIG block letters for mine. Your are making a reverse stencil of sorts.
2. Place your reverse stencils on your shirt where you want them to be. I folded my shirt so that the side of the shirt was facing up because I wanted the word the wrap around the side from the front to the back.
3. Mix up your bleach solution (I used 70% bleach and 30% water) in a spray bottle.
4. Spray your bleach solution on your shirt over your stencils. You are going to want to do this out side because you are using bleach and it is messy and stinky! I put rocks on my card stock to keep it from blowing away.
5. Remove your stencils and watch the bleach work! I flipped the t-shirt over and sprayed the other side with no stencil so the whole shirt would have bleach spots on it.... but you can do what ever you want!
6. Wash and dry your t-shirt
This went really quickly! I was able to make 30 shirts in 2 hours and that includes washing them!
Here are some other fun Bleach T-shirts from around Blogland!
A cute chandelier with rhinestones ar Googiemomma
Cute Names T-shirt at Homemaker
I am linking to these parties!