Today I have a special project just for you! A wonderful Grandparent gift! An alternative to a framed photo.
A photo plate!
Here is what you will need:
A clear plate (They sell them at Target and Walmart)
Fabric - just a little bit bigger than your plate
A family photo printed out on paper
A paint brush
Scissors (not pictured)
1.) Take the sticker off your plate. If you want to do the right, you will buy the plate with the stickiest sticker in the store just to give you the added challenge... at least that what I did! I ended up soaking my plate in warm water to get it off.
2. Make sure your photo will fit on the plate.
3. cut a piece of fabric in a square that is just a little bit bigger than your plate.
Tip: I found it was easier to work with the plate sitting on top of a cup.
4. Add your names and the date to the picture
5. brush a thin layer of Mod Podge on to your plate where you are going to put your picture.
6. place your picture right side down onto the plate where you just put your mod podge. make sure you get out all the wrinkles. Set aside to dry... it should only take a few minutes.
7. Brush Mod Podge over the whole plate.
8. Place your fabric on top of the plate RIGHT side down. Smooth out the fabric making sure to get out all of the wrinkles. Set aside to dry... this should take a few more minutes.
9. Brush Mod Podge over the fabric. Make it a thick coat, and be sure to get the edges really good. Set aside to dry. This will take a while... about 1/2 hour to an hour.
(it is really hard to take a picture of a glass plate without getting some kind of glare! This was the best shot that I could get.)
I am linking to:
Get Your Craft On!
Show and Tell at Blue Cricket Design
Strut Your Stuff at Somewhat Simple