A pair of pants - I used an old pair of flannel PJ's
(or any long, rectangular shaped fabric about 10-12" wide, and measure the width of your door to get the length)
(I got a big bag of stuffing from Good Will, you could also pull the stuffing out of an old pillow)
(unless you're really ambitious and want to sew by hand)
1. Cut the pants in half at the top, separating the legs.
2. Cut the side so you have nice straight lines. You're basically trimming off the inner thigh part of the pants.
3. Take one leg and cut it in half the long way - you'll be able to make 2 draft dodgers out of one pant leg. If you want a really thick draft dodger, then don't cut the legs in half, just leave it (less sewing that way too).
4. Fold one side in half the long way, right sides together, and sew the long edge and one of the short edges. I recommend pinning. As you can see from the picture, my cutting is not very straight. I'm not a much of a perfectionist, I figure I can sew a relatively straight line, and then trim the excess.
5. flip your "tube" inside out, and STUFF! This part was tricky for me, my hand didn't quite fit into the tube. I had to kind of bunch up the top part of it to get the stuffing all the way to the bottom. My pant leg width was 9" - I would have probably made it 10" or 12" if I had known my hand wouldn't fit.
6. Finally, on the open side, fold the edges in about 1/4" to 1/2", and sew it together.
7. Put it on the floor in front of your drafty door! If you are very crafty and/or skilled (which I'm not) I'm sure you could add some embellishments, or even improve on the look of this one.
I am linking to: