6 c. oats
1 c. whole wheat flour
1-2 T. cinnamon (to taste)
1-2 T. ground cloves (to taste)
(I used to use nutmeg, but found I liked it better with cloves. Feel free to try whatever.)
any dried fruit or nuts (raisins, coconut, almonds, etc).
1 c. water
1 c. vegetable oil (I use canola)
1/2 c. honey (more or less to taste.)
(If you prefer, you can use corn syrup in place of honey. It's less healthy, but much cheaper.)
1. Mix dry ingredients in large bowl.
2. Mix liquids in small bowl (I like to use a 4-cup measuring cup).3. Pour liquids into dry mixture, mix thoroughly.
4. Spread onto greased cookie sheet (I like to use the kind with edges all the way around).
5. Bake at 300 for 60-70 minutes (baking longer will make granola crispier).
6. Let cool thoroughly. Crumble and store in airtight container.
we like to eat it as cereal, with milk poured over it and warmed in the microwave for about 30 seconds. It's also good with fruit and yogurt, and it's great dry as a healthy on-the-go snack.